Before You Put Out Corncobs as Decor…Make Sure Your Pets Can’t Reach Them

The cob is a no-no for canines because the cob is indigestible.

When it comes to keeping our pets safe during Halloween, we mostly associate that with chocolate. But, there is something more dangerous is likely an item you haven’t thought about. There’s another common food your dog shouldn’t chow down on: corn on the cob. Dogs can eat corn, it is an ingredient in many commercial dog foods but corn on the cob is a no-no for canines because the cob is indigestible. Eating some of it could mean surgery or even death. A couple on the Grand Strand learned that recently. A dog discovered a corn cob in their yard and curiously tried it. It resulted a very expensive emergency surgery. The dog survived but later passed due to complications related. So, keep the corn cobs away!