Governor McMaster Being Sued After Ending Unemployment Aid in South Carolina
Governor Henry McMaster is being sued by 4 South Carolina residents after his decision to exit the federal unemployment programs providing extra money to jobless residents earlier this Summer. The residents said in a lawsuit filed in state court on Wednesday that they are still struggling to make ends meet and have been unable to find work despite extensive job searches. They are asking a judge to order state officials to rejoin the Coronavirus pandemic assistance programs that provide additional finds to jobless individuals. The governor said previously that the extra benefits were contributing to the workforce shortages across the state.