Peanut Butter and Banana French Toast with Jamie Saunders
Sliced Bread, 1/2” thick 8 slices *see notes
Banana , sliced 1/4” thick 3 ea
Brown Sugar 4 Tbl
Butter, unsalted 4 Tbl + extra for grilling toast
Kosher Salt 1/4 tsp
Cinnamon 1/2 tsp
Peanut Butter, creamy as needed
Chocolate Sauce as needed
Milk 1 1/2 c
Brown Sugar 1/3 c
Cinnamon 1/4 tsp
Vanilla 2 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the custard. Dip your bread into the custard and allow to soak for about 10 seconds, then place on a plate and repeat until all the bread is done.
- In a non-stick, heat up a bit of butter over a medium high heat until butter is simmering. Once the butter is simmering, place 2 slices of french toast into the pan and allow to cook for 2 minutes on each side or until a nice golden brown color. When then. X french toast is ready, place on a cutting board and cook the rest of the slices. When all the french toast is finish, spread the peanut butter on 4 of the slices and sandwich with the other 4. Rest on the cuttingn board until you start your bananas, keep the pan over a low heat to keep the pan hot.
- In a large skillet pan, overmc a medium high heat, melt 4 Tbl of butter and add the brown sugars
- X, cinnamon and salt. Then add the sliced bananas. Toss the bananas until fully coated with the butter sauce and allow to cook for about 2 minutes until the bananas begin to soften. Remove from heat.
- Place your French Toast sandwiches back into the hot pan for about a minute on each side to heat back up, then top with the banana topping and chocolate sauce to serve.
*Chef’s Notes: When deciding on the type of bread to use either purchase a full size loaf of any bread you choose and slice yourself, making sure the crust is thin and a bit soft or purchase a good quality white bread that has some body to it, such as an artisan bread. @;