14-Year-Old Dies After Participating In A Viral TikTok Trend
The company who makes the chip says it should be kept away from children and it's only for adults, adding that anyone who is sensitive to spicy foods or with allergies should avoid eating it all together.
A 14-year-old boy has died after participating in a viral trend.
Harris Wolobah from Massachusetts died on Friday after taking part in the ‘one chip challenge’. The popular TikTok trend involves eating one of the spiciest tortilla chips in the world. The chip from U.S. brand Paqui comes individually wrapped and its website says it’s made from the Carolina Reaper and Scorpion Peppers which are considered to be the hottest chili peppers in the world.
Harris’s mother said she was called to his school after a classmate gave him the chip, which left him with a bad stomach ache. After being taken home, the boy was found passed out that afternoon and was taken to a hospital where he later died. His family believes he died from complications due to the ‘one chip challenge’ though results from a post-mortem are pending.
The company who makes the chip says it should be kept away from children and it’s only for adults, adding that anyone who is sensitive to spicy foods or with allergies should avoid eating it all together.