Croatia Changes Its Historic Currency

The European country joined the Eurozone. It became the 20th country to join the euro currency replacing the historic kuna.

On the first day of the new year Croatia made a significant change to their currency.

The European country joined the Eurozone. It became the 20th country to join the euro currency replacing the historic kuna.

Nearly 70% of ATM’s in Croatia are already distributing euros over the kuna, The other 30% are set to follow by January 15th, until then, the kuna can still be used. Anyone still using the kuna will receive euros back in change.

Croatia is one of the most popular European destinations. If you have leftover kuna from your last trip, it can be exchanged for euros at any Croatian post office until June 30th and at any bank in the country until the end of the year.

After July 1st, banks will start charging a fee to exchange it .