Tasty Tuesday Part 1
WFXB’s Tyler Ryan shows us how to give meatloaf a tasty twist.
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 green pepper (1/2 diced, 1/2 cut into strips)
- 1/4 c brown sugar (white is fine) Natures seasons, garlic powder, Italian seasonings, celery salt
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 lbs 80/20 or 85/15 ground beef
Here’s What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Dice vegetables
- In large bowl, whisk eggs and spices together. Add 1/2 jar of spaghetti sauce, whisk. Add remainder of ingredients and combine using your hands. Make sure to mix everything well for about three minutes, forming a ball
- Move to casserole dish. Spread evenly, pressing down to make sure meat is level and firm w no air pockets. Using remainder of sauce, cover top
- Add pepper slices for decoration.
- Finally, put it in the Cookin’ Hole in a 9 x 13 pan for 45 min
See Part 2 for a side dish of mash potatoes.