New Orleans Shooting Leaves 10 Injured
A blocked sewer main made for stinky situation in New York.
A backup pushed human waste into about 300 homes in Queens, on Saturday and a blocked pipe due to cooking grease was found as the cause. A local fire department, utility crews and multiple city agencies were called in to help residents. New York City mayor Bill De Blasio reported that repair crews were also bringing in specialized equipment to pump out the mess.
The Red Cross and the Office of Emergency Management are offering hotel accommodations for affected residents. De Blasio says crews are also working to provide hotel rooms to anyone not able to return to their homes.