It is very hard to get excited about a salad. However, I think this one may be an exception. If the colors and presentation alone do not get you excited the flavors certainly will. With the combination of the salty feta, the sweet fruit and the twist of the chili powder will leave you wanting more.
Romaine Hearts, chopped 1/2 thick 1 heart
English Cucumber, peeled, quartered 1 1/2 c
Red or Yellow Bell Pepper, chopped 1 ea
Strawberries, chopped 1 cup
Blueberries 1 cup
Red Onions, halved, sliced thin 1/4 cup or less
Feta Cheese 1/4 – 1/2 c
Oregano, dry to taste
Black Pepper to taste
Thin Sliced Chicken 2 – 4 breasts
Kosher Salt to taste
Olive Oil 2 Tbl
- Prepare the Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing and set aside.
- In a large skillet pan, heat the olive oil over a medium high heat and carefully place the breasts into the pan. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side until the chicken is no longer pink in the center. Transfer to a cutting board or plate.
- Prepare all the fruits and vegetables as listed starting with the Romaine. Separate on 2 plates and then layer the rest of the ingredients as you prepare them.
- Sprinkles with the desired amount of feta cheese, a little black pepper and oregano.
- Slice the chicken breasts and top off the salads, then drizzle with as much dressing as desired.
Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
Balsamic Vinegar 1/2 cup
Honey 1/2 cup