Breakfast Street Tacos with Chef Jamie
Breakfast Street Tacos
yields 6 tacos
Eggs, lg 9
Avocado, sliced 2 each
Kosher salt 1/2 teaspoon
Black pepper 1/4 teaspoon
Cumin, ground touch (if desired)
Juice of lemon 1 each
Avocado oil 2 tablespoon
Jalapeño, seeded, chopped fine 1/2 – 1 each
Red pepper, chopped small 1/4 cup
Red onion, chopped small 1/8 cup
Taco seasoning 1/2 teaspoon
Kosher Salt to taste
Flour tortillas, street taco size 6 each
Pico de gallo about 1 cup
Shredded cheddar jack cheese 1 cup
Fresh Cilantro, chopped as much as desired
1. Crack the eggs to a medium size bowl, using a fork, scramble up the eggs until all the yolks are broken and mixed with the whites about 1 minute, set aside.
2. Prepare an avocado smash by removing the pulp of the avocado into a bowl, and smashing it with the ½ teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, touch of cumin, and juice of the lemon. Smash the avocado to desired consistency, then set aside. *I prefer to leave it chunky.
3. In a large skillet pan, heat the oil over a medium high heat and add the prepared vegetables, Taco seasoning and a touch of salt. Stirring frequently, cook until the vegetables soften.
4. Stir in the eggs, continue to stir frequently until the eggs are just slightly runny and sprinkle with a touch more salt. Turn off the heat, cover and set aside.
5. In another small skillet pan, heat over a medium high heat and grill the tortillas about 1 minute on each side, set aside and repeat until all the tortillas are grilled.
6. Assemble: Add a smear of the avocado smash to each tortilla, then separate all the egg mixture between all the tacos, sprinkled with a touch of shredded cheese, then add desired amount of pico and cilantro over top.