Chef Jamie’s Vegetable Quesadilla with Avocado Ranch Dressing
Vegetable Quesadilla with Avocado Ranch Dressing
Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced 3 cups
Frozen Yellow Corn, thawed 1 cup
Zucchini, quartered, sliced 1/4” 1 ea
Red Bell Pepper, chopped 1 ea
Spinach 3 cups
Shallots, chopped small 1 ea
Dry Thyme 1/2 teaspoon
Dry Rosemary 1/2 teaspoon
Dry Oregano 1/2 teaspoon
Kosher Salt 1/2 – 1 tsp
Black Pepper to taste
Avocado Oil 2 Tbl
Muenster Cheese, fresh shredded as needed
Whole Wheat Tortillas 3
Avocado Ranch Dressing
Ranch Dressing 1/4 cup
Kosher Salt pinch
Black Pepper pinch
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado and stir in the ranch dressing a pinch of salt & pepper. Taste and adjust with a little more salt and pepper if desired. Set aside until needed.
- In a large skillet pan, heat the avocado oil over a medium high heat. When the oil is hot, add the corn and cook until they begin to char, then add all the red peppers. Cook the red peppers for about 2 minutes then add the mushrooms and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and a touch of black pepper.
- Once the mushrooms have started to release some of their juices add the zucchini, shallots and fresh thyme.
- Allow the vegetables to cook together until the zucchini starts to soften. Toss in the spinach and toss until wilted. Have a taste and adjust with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Transfer the vegetables to a bowl or plate and wipe clean with a paper towel. Return to a medium high heat flame, and add 1 tortilla to the pan. Sprinkle all around with cheese, as much as desired, and then add your desired amount of the vegetable mix to one side of the tortilla. Once the tortilla is crispy, drizzle the avocado ranch dressing and close. Transfer to a cutting board and repeat with the next 2 quesadillas. Once they are all ready, slice into 3 “pizza slices” and serve