Chef Jamie’s Fetaberry Salad
Leaf Lettuce , chopped 1/2 thick 1 heart
English Cucumber, peeled, quartered 1 1/2 c
Red or Yellow Bell Pepper, chopped 1 ea
Strawberries, chopped 1 cup
Blueberries 1 cup
Red Onions, halved, sliced thin 1/4 cup or less
Feta Cheese 1/4 – 1/2 c
Oregano, dry to taste
Black Pepper to taste
Thin Sliced Chicken 2 – 4 breasts
Kosher Saltto taste
Olive Oil2 Tbl
- Prepare the Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing and set aside.
- In a large skillet pan, heat the olive oil over a medium high heat and carefully place the breasts into the pan. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side until the chicken is no longer pink in the center. Transfer to a cutting board or plate.
- Prepare all the fruits and vegetables as listed starting with the Romaine. Separate on 2 plates and then layer the rest of the ingredients as you prepare them.
- Sprinkles with the desired amount of feta cheese, a little black pepper and oregano.
- Slice the chicken breasts and top off the salads, then drizzle with as much dressing as desired.
Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
Balsamic Vinegar 1/2 cup
Honey 1/2 cup
Dijon Mustard 2 T
Mayo 3/4 cup
Chili Powder 1 T
Black Pepper 1 T
Olive Oil 1 1/4 cups
- Combine all ingredients except for the oil with a whisk.
- Slowly drizzle oil into the mixture while constantly stirring with the whisk.
- Set aside until the vegetables & fruit are prepared.