The City of Darlington’s Williamson Park Committee will hold a brief dedication ceremony in Williamson Park to celebrate the newest addition to the Park’s network of bridges, boardwalks, and trails. In the fall of 2013, the City replaced the old Duck Bridge at the Cashua Street end of the Park with a new bridge and viewing area. It is an important addition to this much beloved woodland preserve as the entire 1.1 mile loop of trails and boardwalks is completely renovated and updated making it a safer more enjoyable walk through the Park. This renovation is part of an ongoing effort to restore Williamson Park to pre-Hurricane Hugo accessibility and make it a place where more visitors and residents can enjoy nature. Renovated boardwalks, bridges, and footpaths allow visitors to see the more than 300 plant and animal species that flourish here. Bright and Margaret Williamson gave more than 50 acres of land to the people of Darlington in 1928 to create Williamson Park. Thanks to additional gifts of land, the Park includes approximately 70 acres of cypress forest through which Swift Creek meanders. The nature preserve is a Certified Site in the Eastern S.C. Heritage Region. Join the Park Committee, media, elected officials, and other interested members of the community in this ceremony to acknowledge the hard work that goes into making Williamson Park such a community asset.