Doctors tell Franchitti he can no longer race
Three-time Indianapolis 500 winner Dario Franchitti says doctors have told him he can no longer race because of injuries sustained in an IndyCar crash last month.
Franchitti fractured his spine, broke his right ankle and suffered a concussion in the Oct. 6 crash at Houston. The crash occurred on the last lap when his car made contact with another car and went sailing into a fence.
The 40-year-old underwent two surgeries on his ankle and recently returned home to Scotland to recover.
The four-time IndyCar champion has been the face of the series since he returned in 2009 following a brief stint in NASCAR. He won three consecutive titles from 2009 to 2011. His 31 victories are tied for eighth on the all-time list.
The post Doctors tell Franchitti he can no longer race appeared first on WCCB Charlotte.