WFXB-TV and WMYB-FM
Christmas Glee Promotion Official Rules
No purchase necessary
Springfield Independent Television Co, Inc. and NextMedia Operating Inc.
D/B/A WFXB Fox TV/WMYB-FM STAR 92.1
A copy of these rules shall be available for public inspection during regular business hours at the Next Media business office, located at 1016 Ocala Street, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29577, or WFXB business office located at 3364 Huger Street Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 -Monday through Friday between the hours of 9am and 5pm. In addition, these rules will be posted at the official WMYB website at star921.net and WFXB web site at wfxb.com
WFXB and the WMYB-FM are giving away one (1) Grand Prize to a singing group who will receive a chance to
1) Tape a performance that will run on WFXB December 24, 2010 between 10:35pm and 11pm and as a podcast on WMYB-FM (dates to be determined)
2) have their name and picture featured on each station’s web site,
3) for each group member from four (4) $25 gift cards from California Dreaming Restaurant and Bar,
4) win a $1500 gift certificate from Grand Strand Piano Center.
One Winner will be selected by visitors to WFXB.com or star921.net who will vote for a winning video contestant.
Total Value of Prize Pack: To be determined based on the number of winning group members.
WFXB FOX TV will promote the giveaway during “Not The News” and through 30 second over-the-air promo spots sending viewers to the wfxb.com website to enter the contest. WMYB-FM will run a schedule of live and recorded announcements directing listeners to the station web site for more information on the promo and how to enter their video.
HOW TO WIN: No purchase necessary. Visit wfxb.com and/or visit star921.net to review criteria in order to enter the Christmas Glee Promotion, for the official entry form and directions on how to submit their video.
Entries will be accepted beginning Oct. 15 through 11:59pm Thursday, December 2, 2010 . Viewers/listener can vote on line for the prize winning video between December 3, 2010 and December 7, 2010. Winner to be announced on December 8th, 2010.
ELIGIBILITY: Christmas Glee is open to non-professional singing groups (4-20 people). Groups must submit a video performing a familiar Christmas song running approximately three (3) minutes or less. The taped performance can be either a capella or can be accompanied by musical instruments. Management reserves the right to edit or refuse videos that do not meet this criteria. If any member of the group is under 18, a parent or guardian must sign a consent form. This form must accompany any video submission. No employee of the WMYB-FM OR WFXB FOX TV, their affiliated companies, his or her spouse, or immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each shall be eligible to win. Immediate family members include, but are not necessarily limited to, parents, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. Employees or relatives of employees, of any television or radio station in the Myrtle Beach Nielsen DMA are not eligible to win. Additionally, Station reserves the right to disqualify any other person from participation in the Contest where such participation would, in the sole opinion of Station, compromise or give the appearance of compromising the integrity of the Contest. No person shall be eligible to win any contest conducted by the Station more than one time in any sixty-day period.
1) The prize winners consent to the use of their name, likeness and/or voice without further compensation for Station’s or Sponsor’s advertising, public relations and promotions purposes. By entering Contest, the winner gives Station and Sponsor full rights in perpetuity to broadcast, or distribute their name, likeness and/or voice, in any edited, distorted or altered form executed by Station, in any media including but not limited to broadcast television, radio and the internet, without any further compensation.
2) Stations and Sponsor are not responsible for lost or destroyed entries.
3) The Prize winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes on prize.
4) Stations and Sponsors accepts no responsibility or liability for loss or damage due, in whole or in part, to the awarding, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize or from participation in the Contest. Winners must sign an affidavit/waiver that releases Stations and Sponsors, their affiliated companies and employees, any and all liability and claims.
5) Failure to sign Winner’s Affidavit/Waiver and an IRS W-9 form will result in the forfeiture of prize.
6) Prize is non-transferable and non-assignable. Prize can not be substituted for cash value. Station’s decision with regard to all matters relating to Contest, including those matters not specifically addressed in these rules, shall be final. Prize not claimed in accordance with these rules will be forfeited and another winner will be selected by another random drawing.
7) Winners will be notified by phone or email on December 8, 2010.
8) Winners must be available to record a 20 minute performance from 12/8/2010 to 12/23/2010.