Back to School Tech Trends for 2013
(NewsUSA) - With summer vacation winding down, the U.S. Census Bureau expects close to 80 million children and adults to head back to the classroom. Total school spending this year is targeted at over $70 billion with $8 billion for electronics. Emmy-winning tech and trends expert Brett Larson and host of KillerApps.TV looked at some products and trends that should be on the radar for back to school shopping this year.
"There is an array of new tech tools that can help propel a student to a more successful school year!" says Brett. "Do your research online for not only the best price, but look for the tech that will grow with you throughout the year."
Some of Brett's top picks for Back to School 2013:
1. The VTech InnoTab 3S is the next generation of children's learning tablets with Wi-Fi. Built for ages 3-9, it features VTech Kid Connect -- an exclusive communication app that allows kids to be connected with their parents and friends. In addition, it accesses VTech's Learning Lodge -- providing kids with a bright start on their learning journey.
2. If you're in search of a smartphone, Brett says you need to find one with the processing speed, power and battery longevity to take full advantage of all its capabilities. Check out the new HTC One and Samsung Galaxy 4 for some of the fastest processing speeds.
3. Staples is a great place to get hands-on with tech before you buy. When searching for laptops, check out the latest Chromebooks. They are easy-to-use, lightweight laptops that run the popular Google operating system. Their portability and ease of use make them perfect for youngsters just learning how to use technology in the classroom.
4. Brett says, "Don't lose your data!" He likes Carbonite Online Backup for automatically backing up computer files whenever the computer is connected to the Internet, and features anytime, anywhere access, so users can remotely access their protected files from any Internet-connected device, including computers, smartphones and tablets.
5. A must-have dorm accessory, the stylish and compact Keurig MINI Plus Brewer. With over 250 K-Cup pack varieties to choose from, including coffee, tea, iced beverages and more, college students can choose their perfect beverage for a jumpstart on the day, an afternoon pick-me-up or a late-night study session. They come in a wide array of colors so you can select a brewer that matches your personality.
Not the News on Facebook
75.0 F (24.0 C)
A Few Clouds
Wind : East at 13.8 MPH (12 KT)
Pressure : 30.43
Humidity : 47 %