Dr. Coni explains some of the signs & symptoms of a stroke. Plus, he answers some important questions about what to do if you see some experiencing a stroke.
Lauren Pogulis heads to Sam Kendalls in Downtown Hartsville for a taste of some of their delicious & most popular menu items!
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WFXB) – On the heels of a nationwide event designed to combat illegal drug use, a local initiative kicks off tomorrow that could help keep prescription drugs out of the wrong hands.
Saturday, April 29th is National Prescription Drug Take Back Day. The DEA says every year across the nation, expired medication plays a huge role in accidental deaths and poisoning.
Right now, the Horry County Police Department has 9 different drop-off locations for unwanted or expired prescription medication. The service is free and anonymous.
The list of local drop-box locations follows:
- Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office – 430 North Fraser Street Georgetown, SC 29440 (843) 546-5102
- Conway City Police Department – 1600 Ninth Ave Conway, SC 29526 (843) 248-1790
- Horry County Police Department – Central Precinct 2560 north Main Street Conway, SC 29526 (843) 915-5350
- Horry County Police Department – North Precinct 109 North Hwy 57 Little River, SC 29566 (843) 915-5685
- Horry County Police Department – South Precinct 9630 Scipio Lane Myrtle Beach, SC 29588 (843) 915-7953
- Horry County Police Department – West Precinct 5527 Hwy 9 Green Sea, SC 29545 (843) 915-5351
- Myrtle Beach Police Department – 1101 North Oak Street Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (843) 918-1300
- North Myrtle Beach Police Department – 1015 Second Ave South North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582 (843) 280-5511
- Surfside Beach City Police Department – 811 Pine Drive Surfside Beach, SC 29575 (843) 913-6368
- CVS at 707 Church Street in Conway
RALEIGH, N.C. (WFXB) – A driver who runs into a protester on a public street in North Carolina could soon avoid any liability for that person’s injuries, according to a new bill that just passed in the House.
The measure, that passed 67-48 Thursday, heading to the Senate says a driver would be immune from lawsuits if the driver used what is called “due care.” The approved amendment also made clear that immunity would not apply if the injured protester was demonstrating with a valid permit to show on the street where the injury occurred.
Republican state Rep. Justin Burr (R-Montgomery County) decided to introduce the bill after watching footage of the protests in Charlotte after police shot and killed Keith Lamont Scott last year.
Honesty is truly the best policy. Experts say being honest with your kids about your past youthful misdeeds can help them make smarter choices. Greg and Tangena explain.
Cherry? Grape? Watermelon? Tyler hit the streets to find out your favorite flavor of Dum Dum lollipops.
Meet our Pet of the Week! This week we have Elie Mae. She’s a sweet Rottweiler mix who loves everyone and everything. She loves walks, is great on a leash, and is full of love! Her previous owners weren’t able to take her with them when they moved. Elie Mae is now looking for her forever family and home. For more information, contact Horry County Animal Care Center at (843) 915-5172.
Cleanup is underway across the parts of the Southeast after heavy storms. At least two people are dead in flooding in North Carolina that washed out bridges and destroyed businesses. River levels may continue to rise, with residents saying they’ve never seen flooding this bad, even though nearby lake levels aren’t high. Arkansas was also hit with heavy rains, with more precipitation possible in the days ahead. Clear skies are in the forecast for North Carolina.
Retail-giant Nordstrom got some consumers angry this week after selling a pair of jeans with fake dirt stains for $425. Greg and Tangena talk about some of the clothing items they’ve spent a large sum of money on, and if it was worth it!
Illyana Tallo of Shoreline Realty explains some of the steps towards getting financing on your new home. What does she say is the most important thing? Always be honest and up front with your lender. Plus, Illyana also breaks down the featured property of the week with Greg.